The American Society of Health Economists (ASHEcon) is a professional organization dedicated to promoting excellence in health economics research in the United States. ASHEcon provides a forum for emerging ideas and empirical results of health economics research. The major activity through which ASHEcon achieves its mission is conducting a meeting in the US. ASHEcon is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of a highly distinguished group of health economists from all parts of the United States.
ASHEcon is a professional organization dedicated to promoting excellence in health economics research in the United States. ASHEcon provides a forum for emerging ideas and empirical results of health economics research. Through a set of professional activities, ASHEcon aims to advance health economics research in the United States, to achieve widespread recognition for the field of health economics and to enhance individual and societal health by providing evidence and expertise for the development of private and public policies.
- Promote professional development of faculty and researchers at all levels including PhD students in academic and nonacademic environments.
- Encourage entry into and advancement of the field of health economics.
- Promote the application of economics to the study of health, medical organization and public and private policy relating to health and health policy.
- Advance research in health economics.
- Support effective teaching of health economics.
- Disseminate health economics research and other information about health economics.
- Sponsor biannual meetings at alternating locations in the U.S. to disseminate current research results and provide a gathering place for the exchange of ideas between academic and nonacademic health economists.
- Create a web-page containing information on professional activities, job postings, member list, conference materials and relevant news items. Investigate the development of other information services.
- Organize sessions at the AEA, iHEA and other appropriate conferences.
- Develop and maintain ties with other relevant organizations
- However, advocacy will not be a core activity of ASHEcon
Available on this page.