The American Society of Health Economists (ASHEcon) is a professional organization dedicated to promoting excellence in health economics research in the United States. ASHEcon provides a forum for emerging ideas and empirical results of health economics research. The major activity through which ASHEcon achieves its mission is conducting a biennial meeting in the US. ASHEcon is governed by a Board of Directors comprised of a highly distinguished group of health economists from all parts of the United States.
ASHEcon is a non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors and officers. Directors and officers will meet at least annually and have rotating appointments.
Ford Professor of Economics, MIT
Laurence C. Baker
Professor of Health Research and Policy and CHP/PCOR Fellow , Department of Health Research and Policy, Stanford University
Bendheim Professor, Professor of Health Care Management, Professor of Business Economics and Public Policy, Health Care Management Department, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Professor, Department of Policy Analysis and Management, Cornell University
Professor, Department of Health Policy & Management, Texas A&M University
Anthony Lo Sasso
Professor, School of Public Health and Institute of Government and Public Affairs, University of Illinois at Chicago
Waldo O. Hildebrand Professor of Risk Management and Insurance, University of Michigan
Christopher “Kitt” Carpenter
Professor of Economics and Medicine, Health, and Society, Vanderbilt University
Professor of Management and Strategy, Herman Smith Research Professor in Hospital and Health Services, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
James A. Baker III Institute Chair in Health Economics and Professor, Department of Economics, Rice University; Professor, Department of Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine
Professor of Public Policy and Economics, Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy, University of Virginia
Associate Professor of Health Research and Policy, Stanford University School of Medicine
Professor,University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Associate Professor, Wellesley College
Vice Dean for Research, USC Price School of Public Policy; Director of Research, USC Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics
ASHEcon is a professional organization dedicated to promoting excellence in health economics research in the United States. ASHEcon provides a forum for emerging ideas and empirical results of health economics research. Through a set of professional activities, ASHEcon aims to advance health economics research in the United States, to achieve widespread recognition for the field of health economics and to enhance individual and societal health by providing evidence and expertise for the development of private and public policies.
- Promote professional development of faculty and researchers at all levels including PhD students in academic and nonacademic environments.
- Encourage entry into and advancement of the field of health economics.
- Promote the application of economics to the study of health, medical organization and public and private policy relating to health and health policy.
- Advance research in health economics.
- Support effective teaching of health economics.
- Disseminate health economics research and other information about health economics.
- Sponsor biannual meetings at alternating locations in the U.S. to disseminate current research results and provide a gathering place for the exchange of ideas between academic and nonacademic health economists.
- Create a web-page containing information on professional activities, job postings, member list, conference materials and relevant news items. Investigate the development of other information services.
- Organize sessions at the AEA, iHEA and other appropriate conferences.
- Develop and maintain ties with other relevant organizations
- However, advocacy will not be a core activity of ASHEcon
Available on this page.